[Nmabs] Fwd: distributing getting out the vote

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 01:32:35 UTC 2012

For your information.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Deepa Goraya <deepa.goraya at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 19:32:56 -0700
Subject: distributing getting out the vote
To: dsmithnfb at gmail.com

Hi Darien,

Would you mind distributing this email below and the attached materials to
NABS? It's just to Get Out the Vote and making sure people with
disabilities, the blind especially, will be at the polls on Election Day.

Thanks.

Deepa

Dear Darien,

I am writing to you on behalf of Forward This, a disability grassroots
advocacy campaign focused on getting out the vote among people with
disabilities. Forward This is creating a way for our generation to make its
own mark in history, by showing the power of the younger generation of
people with disabilities.

While we are a partisan organization, our primary goal is to increase the
number of people with disabilities who vote on Election Day. Increasing the
voter turn-out among people with disabilities will build our political power
as a community, regardless of which political party receives our support.

To this end, I have attached a few documents with nonpartisan content,
designed to encourage and enable your members to vote. Forward This stresses
the importance of early voting for people with disabilities, given the
unpredictability of certain aspects of our lives, and the pressing need for
our voices to be heard.

Nonpartisan Get Out The Vote Flyers:
1.	Voting Information flyer, providing information about ballots,
polling places, early voting, and voter ID laws;
2.	Early Voting flyer, detailing the importance of early voting for
people with disabilities;
3.	NCD-Approved HAVA Flyer, encouraging people with disabilities to
vote;
4.	NDRN Flyer, explaining that people with disabilities have the right
to vote; and
5.	NCD Election Day Accessibility Questionnaire, for people with
disabilities who have voted to provide feedback on their experiences.

Nonpartisan Early Voting links:
http://www.ncsl.org/legislatures-elections/elections/absentee-and-early-voti
ng.aspx
http://www.vote411.org
http://apps.npr.org/early-voting-2012/
http://www.canivote.org
http://www.eac.gov/voter_resources/contact_your_state.aspx

Thank you for your time, and I hope that together we can show the power of
the disability vote on election day!

Sincerely,

Deepa Goraya
Blind Outreach Coordinator

--
Darian Smith

"Let's work together to eliminate Subminimum Wages for People with Disabilities"

http://www.nfb.org/fairwages

"To dream what is possible and to put oneself in service of that dream is the
formula
for a life well lived."

- Dr. Peter Benson