[NNV-Members] April NFB Meeting date and update

Mark Tadder mtadder at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 18:04:22 UTC 2018

Good Morning Fellow Federationists!
The next meeting of the Northern Nevada chapter will be
April 21, 2018
1pm till 3pm
And will be held AT
Center for Independent Living
999 Pyramid Way in Sparks.
This meeting will be our quarterly Business meeting and will discuss many of the important items which are approaching this Spring and Summer. You do not want to miss this meeting.
As an update, the Chapter has been busy including a solid showing at last weekends’ “Pay it Forward” outreach event where we made a bunch of great impressions of the NFB Philosophy to young and old alike, and brought in possibly 2 or 3 new members! Some of our members were featured on KOLO channel8 who were covering the event.
The City of Reno is again soliciting for suggestions as to where they might might install audible crosswalk systems in the next funding go round. If you have any ideas on this, please reach out to me so we can get it on the list.
Lastly, and sadly, our fantastic Board member Helen McCoy has hitched up the wagon and headed out to parts to the North. So we are looking for a new Board member for the chapter. Please think about stepping up to becoming part of the leadership team, and make sure to attend our April meeting.

We have some cool events scheduled in MAY including
MAY 3 AND 8 Panel discussion at TMCC on Life as a Blind person
May 12- Outreach and participation in the WCSD parent Summit.
And it is almost time for our world famous pretzel necklace making extravaganza!

OK, that is enough for now...
Cheers,

Mark Tadder
President