[nobe-l] Hello and question

Anita Adkins Aadkins at BISM.org
Mon Oct 27 12:00:07 UTC 2008

Hi Beth,

My name is Anita Adkins.  I am also a blind student in Maryland working
toward a degree in education.  I am planning on elementary ed.
Fortunately, I am tutoring kids after school, and I have worked with
blind kids before.  I am working with sighted children now, and one is
in constant need of attention.  I did have the luck to be the one to
work with this particular student.  I was really nervous about it at
first, but after working with her, I am feeling more confident.
Experience will help answer many of our questions, I hope.  Now, I am
teaching, and have been for about three years, at Blind Industries and
Services of MD.  I work with seniors and so, while classroom management
is different than working with children, I still must do it.  Any advice
or experiences you have that you are willing to share would be greatly
appreciated as I know I have a lot to learn.  My home address is
adkins at atlanticbb.net

Anita Adkins

-----Original Message-----
From: nobe-l-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nobe-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Beth
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2008 11:47 PM
To: National Organization of Blind Educators Mailing List
Subject: Re: [nobe-l] Hello and question

Those are questions, Faith, that I also have.  My name is Beth TAurasi
and I am a junior transfer student at Florida State University in
Tallahassee, Florida.  I'm currently working on my undergrad in choral
music education, which seems like more fun  I want to teach high school
chorus, but I don't see how that can happen with a boring histor
professor and a lot of practice time gone down the drain (grin).  Any
advice on classroom management would be greatly appreciated, especially
with a blind music educator.
Beth