[nobe-l] The NFB Where The Blind Work Needs Educator Job Descriptions
newmanrl at cox.net
Sat Aug 22 11:37:07 UTC 2009
The NFB Where The Blind Work Needs Educator Job Descriptions
We need descriptions of all types of jobs considered to be an educator
(teacher, teacher's aid, trainer, etc.) and how you do them. Your
description will be added to the NFB's "Where The Blind work," a new and
ever growing resource of career descriptions and how the blind compete
within them. A great resource to assist youth to plan for future employment
and for the adult who is looking to change jobs and/or careers.
Your description must follow the below five question format:
When completed please email them to me at newmanrl at cox.net
(A * indicates a required field):
1. * Name, * Industry in which you work, * Job title, Address 1, Address 2,
City, State, Zip Code, Phone number, E-mail,
* 2. Please explain to us what any worker would do on this job (specialized
blindness alternatives will appear below).
* 3. Please tell us the cause of your blindness. Then, let us know about the
alternative methods and/or techniques you use to perform your job.
* 4. Please let us know of any required special training, education,
certificates, experience, etc. needed for this job.
* 5. Please tell us about anyone or anything that aided you to be
(A joint project between the Jernigan Institute and the NFB Writers'
Division; for all people)
President NFB Writers' Division
Robert Leslie Newman
Email- newmanrl at cox.net
More information about the NOBE-L