[nobe-l] an introduction

Marianne mdenning at cinci.rr.com
Fri Oct 23 15:49:41 UTC 2009

Peter,  I think, in general, finding a teacher position in social studies or
history is very difficult for anyone.  There are more teachers than needed
at this time.  I think you can teach anything you want to teach with a
visual impairment but you will have to work to sell yourself to the school.
I found schools a little afraid to hire me because they thought I would
request all of the same accommodations they provide for students.  If you
want to be a teacher look at areas where there are teacher shortages in your
state and think about going into one of those fields.  By the way, history
is my passion but I am a teacher of children who are visually impaired.