[nobe-l] nobe-l Digest, Vol 64, Issue 3

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Wed Sep 9 19:17:49 UTC 2009

I sent this out on the other list, but here is the original and some publisher information.
A couple things about foreign language braille. First, the student will probably learn it uncontracted. This is not the same braille that French people use. For our purposes, you need Appendix B 1 of English Braille American Edition.

If the student, after he learns the language wants the contracted form, the only refference I know of is Abrige orthographique Francais EtenduA OeeIndes du Lecture Edited by American Foundation for the Overseas Blind
Published by Association Valentin Hauy, 5 rue Duroc, 75343 Paris, cedeux 07, 1998.  .

Hope this helps.