[nobe-l] Quietly I introduce myself

Albert J Rizzi albert at myblindspot.org
Wed Feb 10 16:42:53 UTC 2010

I am a recent entrant into the blind community. I too am completely blind, I
hold a dual masters in education, one for early childhood education and the
other in supervision and administration. I am having a hell of a time
getting anyone to even consider me for a position, even one for a teaching
aid who would be willing to learn braille. It is a bleak set of
circumstances when those in hr do not look at us as viable and capable
candidates  for any and all teaching positions. I was told very matter of
factly that I needed my eye sight to teach here in my school district. There
was a lot of posturing and entertaining of meetings with me only to have no
support or interest in making even the application process accessible to
those dependent  upon assistive technologies. I went out and started my own
non profit in the hopes of shifting perspectives on our abilities. With any
luck and an open minded audience I may be able to shift that position  in
the not to distant future.

Albert J. Rizzi, M.Ed.
CEO/Founder
My Blind Spot, Inc.