[nobe-l] A question.

Sharon Dudley sharon.a.dudley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 21:56:12 UTC 2010

Hi all.  I am a blind pre-k teacher of sighted children.  I also have
several legally blind and totally blind people in my family.  We do all have
special, unique talents and gifts that need to be fostered, whatever they
are.  I was very interested in dance as a child, and still am to this day.
I think it's vitally important for the parents of blind children to help
them to stay positive and support them with their dreams, even if they seem
strange.  I use dance every day in my classroom, even though I can't see my
children anymore.  They can see me and follow me as I model dances for
them.  I think it's important to remember that motivation is a key factor in
a child's development.  I see this every day in my classroom.  If a child is
interested in something, they will give it their all, even if it's hard for
them.  If they're not interested in something, even if the parent or teacher
wants them to learn it, they're going to shut down.
Sharon Dudley