[nobe-l] Re Liz's questions

James Fetter jfetter at nd.edu
Tue Aug 23 05:00:18 UTC 2011

It should also be possible to use the BrailleNote as an external Braille
display for a laptop or netbook. That would allow for the versatility of
a laptop without taking a loss on investing in a BrailleNote.
All Best,
James

On 8/22/2011 11:30 PM, Irina Anisimova wrote:
> Thanks, Liz and James.
>
> As for projecting from Braille note, it might be a good idea to bring
> both your brail note and a small laptop to class.  Unlike brail
> displays, they are now extremely cheep.  You can buy a netbook for
> $200 online.  You can then project your document onto a screen and
> that would not interfere with your lecture notes on braille note.
>
> For a discussion section, a nice detailed handout might also be just enough.
>
> Best,
>
> Irina
>

> On 8/22/11, bookwormahb at earthlink.net<bookwormahb at earthlink.net>  wrote:
>> You can read text files in the braille note like a word document or .txt
>> file, but it cannot go to certain pages and probably would mess up
>> footnotes. It translates the words for you in grade 2 braille, but some
>> formatting you would observe on the PC is lost.
>> I'd say its better to  have a computer to show your documents and project to
>> a screen and other advantages james said.
>>
>> Ashley

>>> com
>>> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nobe-l_nfbnet.org/evp%40email.arizona.