[nobe-l] tutoring online

Danielle Shives shives1 at myactv.net
Fri Dec 30 21:00:17 UTC 2011

My understanding is that tutor.com utilizes a virtual classroom where the instructor can use various tools with students. I sent an e-mail to ask if the virtual classroom was accessible to those who use screen readers and was told that at this time, it is not. They said some things might work, but they couldn't guarantee it. I don't think it is possible to use the virtual classroom and try the tools unless they hire you, and I didn't apply once they said it wasn't accessible. I would really appreciate any other information anyone might have about this site; I would still like to be a tutor with them if possible.
Danielle Shives