[nobe-l] classroom management

Heather kd5cbl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 02:10:32 UTC 2011

I asked this question to a sighted teacher and she told me this happens to
her as well. Well, she could not see who was talking at the table during a
test she was giving.   She left the room to the connected little office or
closet in the classroom to grab something and she came back to find students
talking during the test.  She approached the table where the talking was
taking place and asked who did the talking and there was no reply.  So she
took the papers up and they received a 0 for the test.  Than she informed
all the students that if anyone else was caught talking, they would receive
a 0 for the test too.  So I think it happens to everyone who is a teacher.
As for the first question, that is a symptom of the students these days.  I
would tell the students who keep moving around the room or disrespecting you
that they have detention.  I am not sure if your school allows for this or
not.  But if they have detention, perhaps they will start to listen to you.
I would make a list of your rules that you post somewhere around the
classroom about the ground rules while your teaching.  I don't know if you
went over that or not but in my special populations class, we learned how to
affectively control differing situations in the classroom.  Each situation
is different and each age group requires a different solution.  Good luck!
Heather