[nobe-l] working with younger kids

Sharon Dudley sharon.a.dudley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 23:00:32 UTC 2011

Heather:  I taught kindergarten for over 13 years and now I teach pre-k.
I did a lot of songs with the kids, where you make printed letters in the
air.  I also used Play Doh, sand, whiteboards, and there are many toys too.
With one of them, the children can use a magnetic wand on a track and they
are tracing the letter.  Writing is such a small part of teaching
kindergarten.  I'm really shocked that was the main point that the
interviewer focused on.  For my state, actual writing only takes up about 5
minutes per day.  Write back if you have any more questions.

Sharon Dudley