[nobe-l] Paraprofessional/Classroom Aid

Chelsey Duranleau cduranleau88 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 00:18:26 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I've recently been called back for an interview for a position I
applied for as a paraprofessional in a first grade classroom. I was
wondering if anyone has had any experience, as a paraprofessional
working in a classroom with sighted students. What alternative
tools/techniques/technology did you use on the job? I did a Google
search on "blind paraprofessionals" and of course the only things that
came up were articles and tips for sighted paraprofessionals working
with blind children. I've found plenty of information about blind
teachers and some of the techniques they use, but hardly anything for
paraprofessionals or classroom aids.
Any advice/experience is greatly appreciated! :-)

Chelsey