[nobe-l] introduction and seeking an advise

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 1 20:07:36 UTC 2011

Tatyana,
You could teach Russian in an adult continuing education program or at a
community college.
I'd encourage you to teach here; but first you may want to take a few
education classes such as those in teaching literacy to the age group you
want to work with and the intro to education class.
The education system is a bit different here; different values and methods.
For instance in your country they may require school uniforms; many schools
do not here.
States set standards for their state; mine has what they call standards of
learning.
There are no national curriculum or national tests; many countries have
national standards; we do not.
We stress individual achievement in American schools; there are different
courses, especially at the middle and high school level, for
those who want to study advanced matterial and for those students who need
extra help, special education or remedial work.
We have classes for GT, Advanced placement classes to get college credit, LD
students, and ELL.
GT is gifted and talented, meaning those students who are above average
intelligence; advanced placement are courses at the college level so
students can get college credit in high school.
Of course we also have teachers of the visually impaired/blind and other
special ed teachers who work with LD, learning disabled, students.

Good luck in your decission