[nobe-l] NBP-Announce: New: President Obama's "Of Thee I Sing"

Tony Grima agrima at nbp.org
Thu Mar 31 17:42:42 UTC 2011

Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters
By President Barack Obama
In print/braille (contracted) format, Ages 4-8, $17.99

This book was the #2 best-selling picture book of 2010!

Framed as a letter to his daughters, President Obama's children's book is a
moving tribute to thirteen groundbreaking Americans and the ideals that have
shaped our nation. The courage of Jackie Robinson, the creative talent of
Billie Holiday, the patriotism of George Washington - President Obama sees
the traits of these heroes within his own children, and within all of
America's children. Each double-page spread asks a question that is
represented by a notable person. "Have I told you that you are strong?"
introduces Helen Keller: "She taught us to look at and listen to each other.
Never waiting for life to get easier, she gave others the courage to face
their challenges." Among those profiled, there are familiar names -
Washington, Robinson, and Martin Luther King Jr.- but there are a few nice
surprises too, like Jane Addams, Maya Lin, and Sitting Bull.

An addendum features a bit more about each person highlighted. This
beautiful keepsake book celebrates the characteristics that unite all
Americans.

Order this book at:
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/THEESING.html

******
To order any books, send payment to:
NBP, 88 St. Stephen Street, Boston, MA 02115-4302
Or call and charge it: toll-free (800) 548-7323 or (617) 266-6160 ext 520.
Or order any of our books online at
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/publications/index.html .