[nobe-l] Laptops and screen-readers

Thornbury, Kelly kthornbury at bresnan.net
Sun Oct 30 19:11:02 UTC 2011

Lucy,

I am not a computer wiz, but I decided on a MacBook Pro and use BootCamp to
also have Windows. I feel like I get the benefits of both worlds this way,
and I find situations where sometimes VoiceOver (Mac) is better and others
where JAWS works better. There is a way to run both operating systems
simultaneously, but I have not tried this yet.

My ultimate feeling is that with the PC, you are stuck with the PC, and with
Mac you can use both systems.