[nobe-l] Question about PowerPoint

Kathy McGillivray kjm at usfamily.net
Mon Aug 13 11:33:23 UTC 2012

Kathy,

You're not as behind in this whole thing as you may think. While I'm not a
WindowEyes user, I can tell you what I do with PowerPoint. I generally
create the slides in Word and then have a reader or assistant turn them into
the PowerPoint with the pictures, etc. I'm quite aware that blind people do
this themselves, but one of the main points of PowerPoint is its visual
appeal. So it makes a lot of sense to have someone who will be taking it in
that way doing the final touches on it.

If other folks have great ideas for doing PowerPoint with screen readers, it
would be great to know. I know it's possible and doable, but it's a question
of efficiency and how the final product looks.

I do use PowerPoint when I speak and teach, but I don't always run to it as
my first choice.

Kathy McGillivray