[nobe-l] Introduction

Nasser Fitwi nfitwi96 at gmail.com
Sun May 27 17:02:14 UTC 2012

Hi Amanda it is good to hear that you are going to join the teaching
profession.
I was a teacher in the highschools in Africa for the last 15 years.
By now, I have to recertify my profession here in the u.S. So, I am taking
my exams for my recertification. Thus, I am registered to take the teaching
blind and visually impaired test given by the Newyork State Department of
Education. My intention is to be  certified for TVI and apply for the Blind
Schools. This is because, though I was teaching in the regular schools in
Africa. I had taken some special education Needs courses in my masters
studies in Capetown, South Africa. Therefore, I am trying to pursue my
profession now in teaching children with special education  needs instead of
pursuing Curriculum development for the General education system.

That is why  I am quite interested to have a  contact with those in the
teaching profession.
Nasser M. Fitwi