[nobe-l] lesson plan presentation

AJacobs633 at aol.com AJacobs633 at aol.com
Thu Nov 15 04:14:20 UTC 2012

Hello Elizabeth,

I think we need more information about the setup of the room.  Or at  least
I do.  You mentioned your files need to be on a flash drive, does  this
mean you are expected to use PowerPoint?  Does the classroom have a
PC/projector already setup and ready for use?  I am going to assume the  answers are
yes and base my suggestions accordingly.  First, since most  college campuses
with tech in the room have that tech locked down, both  physically and
software-wise, it is appropriate for you to ask the professor, or  a classmate,
to load the file for you.  If you need to switch slides, that  can easily be
done by you.  Another option is to bring a flash drive that  is loaded with
a screen reader like NVDA, which is able to be plugged in and  used
immediately.  With this option, you should be able to load your own  files.  As far
as ensuring visibility, I would suggest asking a friend or  the professor
to meet you in the room a little early, or stay a little after, so  that they
can help you figure out where best to stand.  Also, if you are  worried
about whether others can see your info, asking them as you are giving  the
presentation would be appropriate.  You could also simply say at the  start that
they can feel free to let you know if they can't see something.   Hope this
helps.

Arthur