[nobe-l] Questions from a Perspective Teacher

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 15:33:44 UTC 2012

Dear Michelle,
I also was a bit scared about taking a math class in Braille.
Basically, this is what I did: I had the lab manual in Braille and
took notes in Nemeth code as well. The book, I had a reader read it to
me, but I found that there was little in the book that was not
completely covered in class, so I stopped having a reader for that.
The class I took required that we do our homework online. The website
was not accessible, so Disability Support Services provided a
reader/scribe to me that would read the question on the computer then
put in my answer. I also found a talking scientific calculator to be
an invaluable tool. Good luck!
~Jewel