[nobe-l] 2nd year teacher

Jessica Calvo jjcalvo12 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 21:40:59 UTC 2013

Hello all,
My name is Jessica and I am a high school Spanish teacher in New Jersey.
This year will be my second year teaching. I was wondering if any of you
could offer me some input. I would greatly appreciate it.
This year I will be teaching the Spanish honor courses, which require the
students to do a lot more reading and writing. I have not been able to find
a successful testing method yet. Last year I relied on my reader to read me
tests while I provided an answer key. I was not very fond of this method,
and I am still looking for a good testing method where I will be able to
great tests myself. Have any of you found any successful methods? My school
District offers Moodle to teachers, but I am not sure if it will be
accessible enough for me to use it. My district has provided me with a
laptop and i use Windows 7 with Jaws  screen reader. The language teachers
are also offered something called LINGT Language which is another website
where you can take oral or written assessments. Have any of you had any
experience with either of these methods? Thanks in advance for your help

Best,
--
Jessica

--