[nobe-l] Blind educators who use readers?

Zainub Cementwala zementwala at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 7 07:18:34 UTC 2013

Those of you who have readers and work in a university setting, what sort of tasks do your readers do for you?

I'm starting to think that I'm going to need one when I go into graduate school next year, both on the studying end of things, and on the assistantship side as well. I've never had a reader before, though, and so I have no idea what kind of work I can have a reader do for me.

Have any of you had a reader assist you during a graduate assistantship? What did your reader do? What about when studying? What did your reader do then?

You guys gave me some great answers the last time I approached you, so I'm looking forward to seeing all of your suggestions and comments.

Thanks,
--Zainub

~/~/~/~/~
Zainub Cementwala
Bachelor of Arts, English
University of California, Berkeley
Class of 2011
Email: zementwala at yahoo.com

"Experience is never limited, and it is never complete; it is an immense sensibility, a kind of huge spider-web of the finest silken threads suspended in the chamber of consciousness, and catching every air-borne particle in its tissue."
--Henry James