[nobe-l] just wanted to introduce myself

Sharon Dudley sharon.a.dudley at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 13:50:44 UTC 2014

Joanne, I'm teaching kindergarten right now and have done so for more than
20 years.  I'm totally blind, and I teach sighted students.  I use the arts
every day with my children, to teach math, reading, science, social
studies, etc.  If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them (
sharon.a.dudley at gmail.com).  As for your question about what to ask at the
college, it's difficult to give advice on that because I don't know what
they've already told you.  My college had a disabilities office, and I was
able to get a lot of my materials read aloud.  Maybe also try to see if you
could find an upperclassman to be sort of a "big sister" for you.  It's
useful to have someone to answer questions and talk to you about specific
concerns about getting your degree.

Sharon Dudley, NBCT