[nobe-l] New Member

Michelle Creedy michelle.creedy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 16:44:22 UTC 2014

Hi Karen

I actually have a question. In the US, do you qualify as a teacher in the
public school system before going on to take your qualifications to be a
teacher of blind students? If so, I have a couple of questions.

I'm having a lot of difficulty getting a couple of the courses in a format
that would be tactile and in Braille. We have to take a course called Math
for Elementary School teachers and it's quite visual. I'd be really
interested in finding out how or others got through this course. I started
the course and had to actually drop it. I'm now advocating and lobbying for
there to be a facility for Braille in the post-secondary system. It's really
the only thing holding me back from getting my other courses finished which
I'll probably do in the meantime. I'm very open to using readers and so on
so any ideas would be helpful.

Michelle