[nobe-l] Question about Braille Out Tests

Michelle Creedy michelle.creedy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 00:57:48 UTC 2014

Hello List

The students I am working with are blind and they have to do a word
recognition test. When I was learning Braille, it was still when they only
taught contractions at a particular point in schooling. These children all
know their contractions. Maybe this is a silly question, but are there
instances when doing spelling tests or other kinds of word recognition when
one might choose contracted or uncontracted Braille? Just wondering what is
done nowadays.

Michelle