[nobe-l] being a teacher and compromising on beliefs

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 11 22:15:19 UTC 2014

Kayla,
I think general childcare would be more doable; or after school programs,
but after school programs are generally part time; like four or five hours a
day.
I think being a nanny would be challenging as it involves driving kids
around and cooking for them may be hard; I know cooking in your own kitchen
where you label items is fine. but other homes are a challenge not knowing
where items are or reading instructions on food.
If you had a real accomodating parent, they may allow you to label stuff or
leave accessible instructions.

But this arrangement is not bound by ADA or civil rights laws so you would
have to take your chances on the willingness of your employer, the parents,
to be helpful.

Ashley