[nobe-l] Google Classroom

Chopper Johnson chopper992 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 04:34:29 UTC 2014

Craig:

I have not used Classroom yet (I'm not teaching this year, because I went
straight into a masters program), but Google made its big announcement
about accessibility on Docs last week. It's basically what we heard at
Convention, but to see it come out on the official Google blog with the
things they have been promising was good to see.

When Riccobono spoke at the South Carolina state convention, he told the
students to be aware that Google has done good work recently, but they had
a long way to go from a very poor starting point. So, take the system and
bang on it this semester. If anything does not work the way it should, do
not hesitate to email Google's design teams. They have made a commitment to
getting better, and so far, they are following through. It's our job to not
allow them to let up.

I included the link to the blog post about the accessibility updates below,
for anyone who has not read it.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2014/09/google-drive-and-docs-editors-designed.html

I hope your student teaching is going well. Mine was a blast.

-- Chopper Johnson

Edgar "Chopper" Johnson
epjohnso at g.cofc.edu <epjohnso at edisto.cofc.edu>
chopper992 at gmail.com