[nobe-l] Seeking teachers of the blind to interview as part of an activity design project for middle and high school students

Stephanie Ludi salvse at rit.edu
Wed Jul 8 15:09:01 UTC 2015

Hi,

My name is Stephanie Ludi, and I am a faculty member in the Software Engineering program at the Rochester Institute of Technology.  I am seeking teachers of the blind at the middle and high school level to interview in order to gain insight and perspective in "real" classrooms.

I am working on an ongoing project that involves creating inclusive hands-on activities in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) for young people in middle and high school who are visually impaired. These activities are meant to complement computer-based activities, as far an enabling students to explore concepts that involves role play and moving around their classroom (kinesthetic learning).  My team and I have some experience here, but in order to design our activities to work in the"real world" we would like to interview teachers of the blind who work with kids in school settings.  We are particularly interested to talk to a diverse set of teachers that include those who
are sighted or who are visually impaired.

Those interviewed will be entered into a drawing to win one of two $30 Amazon gift cards.  If you are interested, please email me at: salvse at rit.edu.

Thank you,
--Stephanie Ludi

Stephanie Ludi, PhD
Professor, Graduate Program Director
Dept. of Software Engineering
Rochester Institute of Technology
Bldg 70-1696 Phone: 585.475.7407

Obligatory Text:

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.