[nobe-l] blind nanny in training

Heather Field missheather at comcast.net
Tue Jul 21 23:52:20 UTC 2015

Hello Kayla,
I believe we've chatted about this via e-mail before. I think you're going
to find it very difficult to persuade a family that a blind nanny is going
to be able to be competent to care for their children. I don't believe that
people will hire a blind nanny unless they have a blind child and
specifically want a blind nanny. Even if you were able to convince them that
you are competent to keep their children safe and amused, people usually
want nannies to drive their children to events such as swimming, dancing and
music lessons. While I'm not saying that it's impossible, I believe that
you're choosing a career path that will be extremely difficult for you. If
you like working with children there are numerous careers in which you are
much more likely to have success. Being a childcare provider in your own
home is just one example.
Being a private tutor, or being a teacher are two other options. Just my
thoughts.
Warmly,
Heather Field