[nobe-l] Accessibility questions for teaching math to thesighted

David Moore jesusloves1966 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 20:43:44 UTC 2015

Hi J,
Thank you so much for telling me about how you teach high school and
college mathematics. I think I will work on writing my print straight.
It sounds like many math teachers take advantage of that. I did not
know about these web resources for examples and testing. That is a
good idea to have a reader read a text book that will be used for a
while. Will the content from a graphing calculator project onto a
board for the students to see or will I have to use a Windows graphing
program in order to do this? When I wrote my mathematics for
professors in college, I used the ^ before exponents. The rest of the
symbols, I wrote in words like (square root.) I know this would not
work to prepare students to learn the math content as it should be
represented. Thank you so much for your help, and if it is okay, I
will e-mail you off list. Take care and have a great day.