[nobe-l] Easy IEP and Skyward

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 12:49:31 UTC 2015

Hello Domonique and all,
I can’t speak to either of the programs you have mentioned, but I am successful with the IEP and grading platforms my school district uses.

For IEPs, we use a web based program called Goalview. This is very accessible with JAWS but works best in Internet Explorer, at least from an accessibility standpoint.

The grading platform we use is called Synergy. It is also web based but is less accessible. I find that depending on which browser I use, I can access different functions using the screen reader. For example, to create an assignment, I have to use Google Chrome, but I am unable to enter grades in Chrome. I have to use Internet Explorer to enter grades, but I am unable to create or edit assignments with Internet Explorer. This is inconvenient but I have been able to enter my own grades without assistance after someone showed me around the interface and I figured out that different browsers interact with the site and Jaws differently.

I hope this helps you in your research.

Best,
Greg Aikens
.