[nobe-l] a question about TVI's

J Acheson listsetal at aol.com
Thu Mar 5 10:28:18 UTC 2015

If you are working for in a public school system it is likely that you will not be officially allowed to go into a students home. Doing such opens up a multitude of liability issues. These issues may include considerations such as you probably would not be covered by insurance if you were injured at the students home. There is also the possibility of being accused of inappropriate actions if you are left alone with the student. 

Your ambitions are fantastic and admired. Unfortunately, we live in the era of liability and you truly do need to keep that professional concern in the back of your mind. 

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 1, 2015, at 9:17 PM, Kayla James via nobe-l <nobe-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> I am still trying to decide whether to become a TVI or CVRT. Can TVI's
> start their own schools/centers for the blind? Can a TVI come out to a
> child's house and teach them daily living skills. It is Kayla by the
> way for those who don't know. Thank you for answering.
> _______________________________________________
> nobe-l mailing list
> nobe-l at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nobe-l_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for nobe-l:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nobe-l_nfbnet.org/listsetal%40aol.com

More information about the NOBE-L mailing list