[nobe-l] background check

Kelsey Nicolay kelseynicolay1989 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 23:17:46 UTC 2015

Hello,
I posted before that I signed up to be a teacher on takelessons.
If I want to work with kids, a background is required.  I'm fine
with that, but the problem is that the only way I can order a
background check is with a credit card.  I cannot get a credit
card because I have no income since I don't have a job.  No
credit card company will approve me for this reason.  I tried
explained the situation to see if takelessons would waive the
fee, but they will not.  When I had to do one for wyzant, they
allowed tutors to pay it from an outstanding payment, meaning
that the background check fee was taken out of my first payment.
It doesn't seem like takelessons will do the same.  They did add
my availability for me since JAWS would not allow me to do so.  I
do not think it is fair for my parents to have to pay for a
background check on their credit card since I'm the one teaching.
Some companies will let you write a check, but I can't do that on
takelessons.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle
this situation? I can't teach any kids until I get the background
check.  I can teach adults though.
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay