[nobe-l] teaching writing

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Thu May 28 13:05:47 UTC 2015

Here are a few things I used at the Colorado Center. Start with the magnetic letter boards. They will help the child learn the letters, and you too. Practice tracing the letters to develop your muscle memory. The drawing board will help you as well. You can buy (I think it is through APH) large wooden cursive letters to practice the shapes. Finally, for you, there is a system that came out in I think the eighties, called the Marx system that describes the letters using the braille cell. It used to be available through NLS as a recorded book. Hope these help.

David Hyde, Professional Development Coordinator
Wisconsin Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
1700 W. State Street
Janesville WI  53546
608-758-6152 (office)
608-758-6169 (fax)