[nobe-l] cell phones in the classroom

Emily Michael emily.k.michael at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 16:04:28 UTC 2015

Hi Craig and all,

I have this problem with my college students. I have found one way of dealing with it, and it is by no means the best way.

If I hear any kind of noise from unauthorized personal technology, I give the whole class a pop quiz. I usually only have to give one or two quizzes before everyone gets the message.

My goal is to make the use of cell phones unpopular – not worth the risk.

Best,
Emily
---
Emily K. Michael, M.A.
Adjunct Writing Instructor
emily.k.michael at gmail.com
Blog: http://areyouseeingthis.wordpress.com/

"Nowhere, Love, will world exist but within."
- Rainer Maria Rilke