[nobe-l] more advice, please

Kayla James christgirl813 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 01:36:42 UTC 2015

Another option has been added, but I am not sure--paraeducator. If
there are any paraeducators out there, can you help me? There is one
paraeducator's story that I read, but from what I can see, she works
like a TVI does. She teaches her children Braille and everything, but
I am assuming that the district she works for is with her school has
no TVI, so she is the only support. Now if that is the thing, I
wouldn't mind doing it, but something about it does not sound right to
me. Paraeducator is a teacher's aide, correct? I've had many teacher's
aides and all were sighted. The paraeducator that I speak of whose
interview I heard was blind. Please give me any advice, any stories;
paraeducators, what's it like for you? Are you happy in your position?
Do you feel like a teacher or just an aide? Not saying that's bad,
but, I don't know. Maybe it is because I haven't done it yet, but at
my college, it is one of the concentrations for the child development
program. Any comments would be very much appreciated.