[nobe-l] teaching the braillenote apex

Kelsey Nicolay kelseynicolay1989 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 22:49:23 UTC 2016

Hello,
I will be starting to teach someone how to use a Voicenote apex
this week.  I own one myself, but I have never taught anyone how
to use one.  Therefore, besides an orientation to the device,
what else should I cover on the first lesson? Beyond the first
lesson, what would be a logical order to teach the Braillenote
system? The student already told me she wants to be able to send
email and browse the web.  Also, does anyone have any sentences
they use to help students remember the order of thumb keys? As I
mentioned, the student has a Voicenote apex, but I am not sure
whether it has a Braille or qwerty keyboard.  Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay