[nobe-l] Videos by the blind

David Moore jesusloves1966 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 21:01:12 UTC 2016

Hi,
I am blind, and I just signed up for the group on my Facebook account. I
have done so very much to educate the sighted about what the blind is
capable of doing. In my own life, I am around sighted people constantly and
have many sighted friends. To have many sighted friends is the best way to
educate. My wife is also sighted, and I have taught her how to use the
iPhone with Voice Over. My friends forget that I am even blind, and they
give me something to read. I use my iPhone and all other technology to the
fullest, so I know what is on the menu before we get to the restaurant, for
example. In the car, I tell everyone what I read on the menu and suggest
things they should get. I use NVDA, JAWS, and Narrator to navigate the
computer in every way. NVDA can do a lot, because you can use it to move the
mouse pointer with the arrow keys and hear what the pointer is over. You can
find out the position of the pointer, and save that position so you can move
the pointer right to that spot. I use win10 on my PCs, and it is great. I
have played around with Linux, and Ubuntu. I also am trying to learn the
newest Android phones. I will post videos of me doing all of this. I do MP3
tutorials all of the time for tech lists. I have always wondered why TV
shows do not have blind people acting so normal on the show that their
blindness is not mentioned. For example, why aren't there sit coms that show
blind children going out on dates, going to their regular public school with
their brothers and sisters, and interacting with others just like a sighted
person. If this was done on TV, sighted people would realize that blindness
is nothing. I do not care, most of the time, that I am blind, and I am proud
of it. My life does not revolve around it at all. Many days, I do not
mention my blindness at all to anyone, because it never comes up. This is
how all blind people need to try to be. We need to blend in with the
sighted, and educate them by being friends with them, and doing a lot of
what they do, like going to sporting events with a radio and so on. Take
care, all, and let us keep showing the world that we can be just like a
sighted person, even though we are blind. We accomplish the same goals, we
just have a different way of getting there like assistive technology, using
a cane or dog, and so on. Most sighted people I know really enjoy learning
about how I do things. I Have a personality where I can talk to any stranger
just like a casual friend, so that helps so much. People tell me that they
feel like they have been friends with me after I talk with them a few
minutes. Take care, all
David Moore