[nobe-l] internet instructional ideas

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 24 03:43:04 UTC 2016

Kelsey,

Glad to know I'm not the only one wondering this.
I'd like to use a textbook, but most texts are for sighted users with
references to the mouse.
I am considering purchasing the Windows 7 book written by national braille
Press, NBP.
This is sort of a textbook since it has various chapters about the windows 7
operating system; how it works like the start menu and file management.

The big challenge is to find websites to practice on. I can find sites to
demonstrate the concepts.
But I need simple sites with simple navigation for the student.
Majority of websites are cluttered and not as usable to a screen reader.
If I do not pick some simple sites, the person will be too frustrated and
overwelmed. I need to start out with things where she can be successful and
build confidence. Will there be a little frustration?
Yes, certainly. But not as much as sites with hundreds of links and
graphics.

I like  your idea of writing something on Word, but I think that is for
later. I think it may be too overwelming at this point to do so much at
once.
So far one of the best sites is the AFB site; it has several articles on it
and they are laid out well with headings.
If you do tutor technology, I hope it goes well. It is pretty fun so far.
Ashley