[nobe-l] {Spam?} software accudemia

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 6 21:05:38 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I’m a college grad with a general BA still seeking work. One thing I’d like to try again is tutoring.
The Northern virginia community college uses software to schedule appointments and track student progress.

Is the software accudemia accessible? I tried working as an english tutor at the writing center, and in my brief look at it with jaws, I found it to be semi accessible. I could not click on the links to write the comments on the tutees which was supposed to happen after each session. I saw tables with the schedules and the headers were not labeled so I could not tell who was the tutor versus the tutee.

I am wondering if it might be accessible another way with jaws or another screen reader. I could do much more if it were such as answer phones and schedule appointments. The lab assistants do this typically, but in busy times, anyone on staff can pitch in and help.
BTW, I lost the position for other reasons, not due to accessibility.
I still want to try and tutor.
I can work at the ESL center though. But, they use the same software.

Thanks.
Ashley