[nobe-l] questions regarding upgrading to Windows 10

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 21 17:06:10 UTC 2016

Sylvie,

Like you, I do not like the idea of learning something new. Windows 10 is a
little more visual. The start menu is back but it still has columns of
options like windows 8 does. I'm using windows 7 now and jaws 17.
But I've heard  of the windows 10
system through podcasts.

You do not need to hurry in the transition particularly if you have two
machines to use such as a laptop and desktop like I do.
I suggest upgrading one machine and keeping windows7 on the other so you
have something to fall back on.

Windows 7 will be supported until the end of 2020.
Support for xp is gone, that is true, but you can still use xp machines
easily if you do not need the internet. Its mainly the threats of viruses
you'd have to worry about. Your xp machine will not be protected.

We have 4 years of windows 7 support. This gives some time to get used to
the new systems.

HTH,
Ashley