[nobe-l] Question: iOS Voiceover for beginner child

Heather Field missheather at comcast.net
Sun Mar 6 06:52:42 UTC 2016

Hello,
Have you shown your student the tactile diagrams of the iPad screen which
are available from National Braille press?
If not, then I think this would be a great place to start. I would suggest
letting him practise the gestures on the hard copy diagrams first to that he
is able to understand that the gestures are taking place in reference to
certain boxes and buttons.
If you already have the diagrams, then some practise working to make small
gestures in the right places on the various screen elements in the diagrams
should help develop the required movements.
I believe that your student shouldn't have any trouble then transitioning to
the real iPad screen quite quickly after experience with the diagrams which
give the concept a concrete application.
You can order the diagrams from
www.nbp.org
or call them to order on (617) 266-6160
Please let us know how you go with this challenge. I'm sure lots of us would
like to know how things work out.
Warmly,
Heather Field