[nobe-l] Teacher for Tomorrow program, questions

Kayla James christgirl813 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 02:35:00 UTC 2016

Once again, I'm back, but only no longer for a nanny program. Hi, it's Kayla.
I want to try teaching again. I'm thinking of doing Bell for the
summer. But I'm enrolled in a communications course now. I was
thinking of adding on an education major next semester.
I want to go into special education or maybe early childhood. I'm not
sure about taking special ed. at my community college, because it only
lets you be a teacher's aie and does NOT transfer. I do not know if
teacher's aides can excel to teachers.
I heard that preschool aides can. I heard that someone did that in a
montesoiri school. Have any blind teachers taught or are currently
teaching the early grades?
Are you happy? Is it fun?
I know the pay isn't great, but it must be enough to support yourself. Right?
Is anyone in the Teachers for Tomorrow program through NFB? Are you a
mentee or a mentor?
Why are all of you teaching? I decided because I can't be a journalist
because I can't take the crazy unplanned hourse
I need something stable, set, and more scheduled. Plus, I love children.
So thank you all for reading this.

Kayla

P.S.: I've also thought about being an etiquette teacher for children
and teens. The only one I've heard about who got a degree with that
was an etiquette teacher who got a degree in public relations. I still
have trouble getting my mind around what it truly means to be in
public relations.

Kayla