[nobe-l] {Spam?} Re: Kayla's Career Questions

nmpbrat at aol.com nmpbrat at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 01:45:46 UTC 2016

Kathy,
Very well said.  I think you hit the nail on the head when you said that much of what we are dealing with in education is as a result of lack of understanding and ignorance.  We not only have to teach the children but we must also teach those above us.  We are fortunate to have people like you out there speaking on behalf of the profession and knocking down barriers.  Despite the fact that it is out of your comfort zone, I'm sure you're making a difference!
Interestingly, your description about how the issues we face with politicians and such in education are not out of malice but simply out of lack of understanding, kind of parallels the issues we face as people with disabilities, in that, I think many times the barriers that are placed before us and the issues we face with people are not out of malice but rather because of lack of understanding or ignorance.
I certainly hope you are right Kathy when you say that you are beginning to see the pendulum swinging the other direction!
Nicole