[nobe-l] public vs. private schools

Marianne - Haas advocate at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 16 16:57:52 UTC 2016

Good Morning,
I agree with you.  I am a blind Teacher, now retired on disability in CA.  The last District I worked for as a Blind Teacher of the visually impaired  refused to provide an Assistant to drive me and read job related materials.  One month before the school year was over I finally was provided a computer with jaws and open book.  They used an IEP program that was somewhat accessible.  I was never trained on that program.  I often had to stand in the heat to wait for a bus.  That increased my secondary disabilities to the point, where I cannot work full time any more.  I never  found a Christian school or other private school, willing to give me a chance.  I am trying to have my own business, tutoring, advocacy for parents of students with special needs, and employment counseling for adults.  I have not made in roads yet, but I am still trying.  Does anyone on this list have any experience with tutoring businesses?

Marianne