[nobe-l] When to Start Applying

taranabella0 at gmail.com taranabella0 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 13:59:42 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I was wondering when you would recommend to start looking for my first teaching position. I student teach this spring, but I would like to start looking for jobs as early as appropriate, because I know obtaining employment can be difficult for those who are blind. I have seen a few jobs online that look interesting, but I am pretty sure these jobs are for the spring semester. Would applying over winter break be too soon? Should I have a certain number of weeks of my student teaching completed first?

Thanks,

Tara Abella