[nobe-l] raised letters

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 3 15:15:26 UTC 2016

Hello,
Thanks for responding to my questions. And keep ideas coming if you have
them.
Tara, I thought of wiki sticks, but those can get sticky and I want
something more permanent. I think something with using felt or magnets would
be great, like the wheatley kit from APH, but as I said before, I do not
think the wheatley kit has raised letters in it. It does have a ton of
shapes and lines
though.
My nephew has a magnet kit with shapes that you build various structures
with; we have built houses and castles together.
I thought the same concept could be used  to make tactile diagrams, only
drawback is I'd have to buy several magnetic boards to make several
diagrams.

Maybe I'll call APH and ask them.

Kelsey, I do not know how to sew and this idea of sewing strips together is
too time consuming anyways, but thanks.
Jasmine, foam letters might work if I'm showing something that the
individual does not have to
review it again as they are not permanently fixed to the paper.
I'm looking for ideas to both illustrate something on the spot that is not
permanent, but also something that the person can take with them to review.

One other idea is using graphic art tape, but this only works for straight
letters as this cannot be bent; I've tried to bend it and it then does not
stick to paper.
I also need to ensure she can feel it so I'll bring in the tape and see what
she thinks when I next see her; if she can feel it, I can use it.

Thanks all.
Ashley