[nobe-l] Substitue Teaching

Kathy goldendolphin17 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 3 21:29:03 UTC 2016

Congratulations. It can be done but takes some true thinking and planning. Because those of us who teach in a regular position do so in large part because of familiarity and technology, you will need to work around those factors. Learning buildings that you might be teaching in, figuring out what positions you would take in those you would turn down, and building relationships with the principles in the buildings will help. Four instance, a blind substitute is going to do better in a position that is not a last-minute absence where there may or may not be sub plans in place. A blind person who is a substitute would do better in a grade level or subject area that is easy and natural for her. The best to you in this endeavor.

Kathy Nimmer
Even in the valleys, keep believing in the mountains.