[nobe-l] Student Teaching

taranabella0 at gmail.com taranabella0 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 20:51:26 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Today I received my student teaching placement for the spring semester. I will spend eight weeks in a first grade classroom and eight weeks in an elementary special-education classroom. I am a little unsure of how I am going to teach subjects such as hand writing and informally monitor student progress since many of them cannot read what they have written. Also, how do I go about obtaining textbooks when so much of what children at this age learn is shown in pictures. I do not believe I would be able to scan the math textbook in particular. Finally, if you have any experience working with first grade or elementary students with special needs, and you have any advice for things such as classroom management or how to handle things such as fire drills or field trips that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Tara Abella