[nobe-l] Administration of Standardized Assessments

Kathy goldendolphin17 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 19 10:35:49 UTC 2017

Terra,

I understand your struggle. I also want to say that I was incorrect about substitutes still being allowed to administer tests. That absolutely was the case the year before I went on my traveling sabbatical, but it is not now.

So, the only answer that I can come up with is that while you can be the one who administers the test, meaning the one who is accountable for it happening correctly according to timing and procedure in your classroom, and aide can still be present bye my understanding. If you understand The overall process, you can set things up and Q things with the aide reading the directions.

Because testing is not the center of A teacher's job in education, in an interview, you can enforce that truth which administrators already know. You would say something like this:

While this certainly offers a challenge since I will not be able to read the specific directions, I can absolutely oversee the testing environment and rely upon an assistant to read the instructions upon my request. Thankfully, the day today learning that dominates the school year still and is the most important part of education is fully within my grasp. I look forward to giving everything I have to that process and being creative with my colleagues to achieve the correct testing procedures.

Kathy Nimmer
Even in the valleys, keep believing in the mountains.